Describe your ideal reader, then answer these 4 questions:
- Why would your readers find your book valuable, compelling, and necessary?
- Why do they want to read your book or story?
- Your readers want to know, “What’s in it for me?” Answer that question.
- Is your topic or story the best one for your readers?
This creative exercise came from the course How to Blog a Book
In How to Blog a Book, successful blogger and published author Nina Amir will give you step-by-step instructions on turning a blog (new or existing) into a marketable—and publishable—book. Sometimes, having a compelling query letter isn’t enough. Agents and publishers look for authors who have strong platforms. Using a blog to write and publish the “first draft” of your book gives you the chance to build your author platform and prove to publishers you are a writer worth investing in.
You will learn how to:
- Write the first draft of your book on your blog
- Build a strong author platform
- Prove to publishers that you and your book are marketable