Your Vision, Your Goals, and Your Action Plan for Successful Authorship
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your vision for yourself and your book?
- What are your values? (List at least three.)
- What is your definition of success?
- What are your goals? (List at least three and make them SMART goals—specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound.)
- What topics do you want to write about?
- What genres do you want to write in?
- Do you think you can create books ideas that help you express your passion, purpose and values and help you achieve your goals and manifest your vision? Why or why not?
- Are you willing to change to help yourself succeed?
- What stops you from becoming an author?
- How could you overcome your perceived obstacles to success?
This partial lecture comes from a WDU Online Workshop. Learn more here. Your Book’s Business Plan: How to Craft a Bestselling Book.
How to Publish a Book: Your Book’s Business Plan
• Author Attitude: The Essential Characteristic Necessary for Publishing Success (page 5-23 in The Author Training Manual).
• Step #1: Develop an “Author Attitude” and Plan Your Success (page 24-39 in The Author Training Manual).
- Complete 3-5 additional exercises found on pages 207-212 of The Author Training Manual.
Learn more about the online workshop. Your Book’s Business Plan: How to Craft a Bestselling Book.